The children from the Amber Flag Committee have been very busy this term!
- During school closures we held our Amber Flag meetings on Zoom with Mrs Cronolly…we met on Fridays and discussed our plans for promoting mental health and wellbeing at Cloonakilla NS and each week we finished off with a Guided Mindfulness activity.
- We have been planning for whole-school wellbeing “Change Your Perspective” photography competition for senior classes. This has been sent out on SeeSaw and the closing date for entries is Friday the 16th of April.
- The Board of Management has bought us a new Buddy Bench, so we now have two fabulous Buddy Benches in the junior yards. The Amber Flag Committee recorded a video to show children from Junior Infants to 2nd class how to use the Buddy Benches appropriately.
- We have put a poster in each junior classroom about the Buddy Benches
- We finished our application and sent to it to Pieta for new Amber Flag award.
The Amber Flag Committee 2020/2021